* Chatbox Service
* Post Threads, Reply, & Comment
* Private Message System
* Post an Application to Join!
* Access our Private Forums
* and more!

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dreamquest: Battle of Definity Empty Dreamquest: Battle of Definity Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:51 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Dreamquest: Battle of Definity Finishedlogo

College of Haven records, journal of the 33rd archmage of Haven, Auriel. Recovered 65 years after his death.

"Its a funny feeling, to know that the end is near. Such turbulent times we live in, and even now the Oryx council has declared the end of the 5th era. It is saddening knowing we left the third on such a sour note, it was almost shaping up to be such a prosperous time. As archmage of the Haven branch of mages, it is my duty to record all major events of both my life and the worlds before my passing. Ever since the First Era, the Oryx council, and the Acraea Definity, united the entire world (Save for the provinces of Mundus, Laurn, and the isles of Haven.) under the banner of Oryx's government. During its reign, there have been several small outbursts and protests to pull away from Oryx, however, all were quelled quickly and efficiently. That began to change on the date of 3E 35.

I was a young man at the time, and apprenticed to my predecessor archmage in Haven, when the Oryx council began to lose control over the province of Nifelheim. No reason was really given as to why the sudden outburst of what seemed like such a peaceful state, however, once they broke off, four others followed suit. All four banded together and declared war on the Acraea Definity, and the Oryx council themselves. While I myself did not openly participate in the conflict, I heard that several other mage orders joined in, the majority siding with Oryx. The war raged for roughly 17 years, (it sure as hell felt a lot longer than that), but it was the combination of sophisticated technology, powerful magisters, and what seemed to be the unlimited resources of Oryx that had at their disposal. The four provinces were effectively crushed, despite their bravado and valor in combat. It is in my personal opinion of, however, that the worst consequence of that war was neither its casualties, nor its the destruction it left in its wake, but the new council that served in Oryx. Almost like clockwork, we could see Oryx becoming more and more militant. Developing new spells, battle machines, and other such weapons of war. What once was a open militia became something more akin to society unto itself. Ranks of troops, new divisions, and that hellish group that calls itself Acraea began to pop up each and every day. And thats not even to mention the mysterious disappearances of seemingly random people. Whats more, they appeared to have set their sights on the three remaining provinces. Eventually, all the tension broke loose, and Oryx attacked Larun. This however, turned out to be a misstep on their part.. The people of Larun are naturally secretive, and when Oryx came in, they were just as quickly repelled by the powerful war machines Larun had constructed. The beings were twisted mockeries to both science and magic, however were powerful enough to trump any attempts of advancement. However, in the fourth year of the conflict, the people of Larun simply disappeared, without a trace. Oryx dumbfounded, found that not even traces of their civilization remained. Criticisms by the thousands were hurled at the the than Oryx council, claiming that they had committed genocide on a scale the likes of which were never seen. Eventually it came to the point where the Acraea Definity had to step in and strip the council down himself, ushering in what would be the ending of the 5th era.

Such is the nature of the beast. So much uncertainty plagues us these days. What does the Acraea and the Oryx council have in store for the world? What will become of the other provinces? Sadly, I shall not see these answers in my lifetime. Like the ones that came before me, my next apprentice shall take the mantle, becoming a seer of history as well.

Pursuer of the Light

Archmage Auriel

Last edited by Dargor on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Dreamquest: Battle of Definity Empty Re: Dreamquest: Battle of Definity Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:09 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Welcome all the our newest RP. In order to participate, you are required to fill out this form and post into the thread. Once one of us approves it (Also posted as a OOC), you'll be able to freely participate in the RP. Its that easy. Also, once accepted, please fill out the rp sheet located in your user profile.

The template you'll need to fill out is as follows.

Name:

Looks like:

Weapon(s) of choice:

HP:

MP:

Likes/Dislikes:

Story:

Any additional info?:

Sample roleplay:

You are strongly urged to read the infothread pertaining to this RP. It contains all of the info you'll need in order to understand what is going on.

Along with this, there are a few basic rules that needs to be followed, no godmodding (AKA making your character into a walking embodiment of invincibility), taking direct control of other characters and their actions, no killing (Without permission), and the like. If you want to read the rest of the RP rules, check out the sticked thread in the RP forum. And with that, happy RPing!

3Dreamquest: Battle of Definity Empty Re: Dreamquest: Battle of Definity Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:00 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Name: Aedean

Looks like: Blonde hair, blue eyes, has a habit of wearing a red bandanna around his head.

Weapon(s) of choice:Bastard swords and other two handed weapons , and close range weapons in general

HP: 170

MP: 80

Likes/Dislikes: Dogs, country side, people in general, sparring, travel, freedom/ Dislikes Dogma, people subjecting others to their will, and all around douchebaggery.

Story: Born into a moderatly well to do family, Aedean always tried to get ahead of the game. Moving into the capital to live with his uncle at a young age, he than enlisted into the Oryx Military at the age of 16. Possessing a natural talent in close range combat, and the exceedingly rare ability to wield a buster sword effectively, he eventually joined the elite ranks of a small group known simply as the Acraea, which only consists of 12 people who respond to the Oryx council itself. At some point, the group and Aedean came at odds with one another, causing Aedean to go AWOL. Heading out into the wilderness, the people of outlying towns and villages have dubbed him "The Wanderer", who has gained fame for aiding the people in need.

Any additional info?: While at some point he has been known to travel alone, he is always seen with his dog, Fenir, and more recently, a powerful magus he typically refers to as "Colonel"

Sample roleplay: "One...two...three...and done. That should do it. I hope."

"You know Aedean, perhaps you should let me handle the healing for now on. Watching you tend to your wounds is...oh, how should I put this...like a five year old trying to tape up a book they just ripped apart."

"Stuff it Colonel." Aedean said, not amused. Aedean examined his arm he had tended, to. Sighing to himself, he stood up, looking west. "Well...where to next?"

"May I suggest Trient?" The Colonel said. "Its not to far west of here, and if I recall correctly, they have a medical center where we can get that arm of yours properly treated..."

4Dreamquest: Battle of Definity Empty Re: Dreamquest: Battle of Definity Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:15 pm

Ares

Ares
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Name: Rhapsody

Looks like: Black long hair, white skin, average height, brown eyes

Weapon(s) of choice: Magical Staff; Dual Wield Swords

HP: 100

MP: 150

Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Virtual Reality Gaming, Magic, Music, and Love. | Dislikes: Anything having to do with the Govt.

Story: To Be Edited

Any additional info?: To Be Edited

Sample roleplay: To Be Edited

http://www.theolympiansclan.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

ChatBox