You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Skyrim Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:39 am

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
First topic message reminder :

To be honest, I never played an elderscrolls game. Nor did I ever feel like I would. But after watching this trailer...I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with what I saw. Any others?

26Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:46 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
In Fallout, enemies for the most part level up/get better equipment depending on what level you are. Also, some of the more fearsome enemies don't appear until your at a moderate level. Take raiders for instance. In the beginning, their armed with small hand guns and rifles, but eventually they get their hands on damned missile launchers.

Anwho, back to what I was saying. Truth be told, its a little of both. Some enemies will be fairly easy to take, since their probably indigenous to certain areas. However others do indeed level up with you (Although thats usually the human portion.) Creatures on the other hand, may get stronger, or tougher versions of them appear. Although usually I think story line "Bosses" are usually around the same strength regardless.

Final thought. Little of both. Eneimies probably willgrow stonger/appear depending on how strong you become, HOWEVER, there are probably areas that are littered with a particular creature that will be very difficult to survive an encounter, even at higher levels.

27Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
I found some interesting information when reading some interviews about Skyrim.

As you probably know, there are five major cities in the game. Now, based on what I heard (Not confirmed) they may be massive enough to warrent certain locations in the city to have their own little quick travel spot, meaning, yeah, its really big. That is not confirmed though.

There are smaller towns, in which you can participate in farming, mining, woodcutting and cooking.

Certain missions and sidequests will be given to you based on certain circumstances, like if your a mage or ect. Also, if you kill a shop keeper, a reletive will take over, and you have to work to redeem yourself if you want to experience a quest from them.

There doesn't seem to be a level cap, but it will get harder to level up after 50.

You can challenge any NPC to a western style dual to the death.

10 races

You can have a beard.

unique finish moves for all weapons.

...would be hoping for spears/lances. Or two handed axes.
Based on what I read, spears and lances are not in the game as of right now. But Ax's are indeed confirmed to my understanding.

28Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Bleh. Triple post. But anyway, I have (Not really) new info. There are ten races in ES, and most speculation points to the 10 from Oblivion being in Skyrim. So heres a list.

Altmer (a.k.a. High Elves)
Argonian
Bosmer (a.k.a. Wood Elves)
Breton
Dunmer (a.k.a. Dark Elves)
Imperial
Khajiit
Nord
Orc
Redguard

Based on reading the descriptions, Nord is the one thing I fit like a glove. "The Nords are a race of tall and fair-haired humans from Skyrim who are known for their incredible resistance to cold and even magical frost. They are enthusiastic warriors, and act as soldiers and mercenaries all over Tamriel."

Fits me like a glove.

29Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:08 pm

4wheel

4wheel
Officer
Officer
I can't remember what race I used in Oblivion...It was one of the human ones though...

30Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:14 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Either way, its all pretty cool. Not used to having games where there are different types of humans. Usually their all lumped into one category.

31Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:40 pm

4wheel

4wheel
Officer
Officer
Yeah, ain't that always the way. Nice of ES to give humans some variety.

32Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
There is a new update on Skyrim over at the main site. Its just a interview, and doesn't post anything new in regards to the game (From what I read.)

33Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:19 pm

4wheel

4wheel
Officer
Officer
I see, Thanks for the update!

34Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
I found these when looking up new info for Skyrim. Some interesting info on Dragons.

Spoiler:

35Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:48 am

4wheel

4wheel
Officer
Officer
Great find Dar, really nice info!

36Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:27 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Once again, heres some more info about Skyrim. Not a whole lot of it is new or earth shattering, but there is a interesting part about breaking and entering toward the end.
Spoiler:

37Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:27 am

4wheel

4wheel
Officer
Officer
Very nice find, Dar. Really cool. I can't wait to see how far the breaking and entering goes.

38Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Indeed. Medieval B&E's is something that would be interesting. lol. Oh yes, something cool I found. According to one of the devs twitter, that dragon fight in the trailer? Apparently none of its scripted and its all in game.

39Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:40 pm

dominio11

Foreigner
Foreigner
This game is going to be awesome!,I have played Oblivion for over 500 hours and nice info.

Last edited by dominio11 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

40Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:56 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
dominio11 wrote:This game is going to be awesome!,I have played Oblivion for over 500 hours and nice info.

I haven't played Oblivion, (Although I kinda wish I gave it a shot when I saw it), but I have played Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Close up combat in Fallout is pretty boring, so I'm really hoping for something awesome when it comes to fighting in Skyrim.

41Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:00 am

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
So...anyway, is there a particular playstyle anyone would have? I'd probably go the "Warrior with a heart of gold" route and go out of my way to help people. As far as equipment is concerned, I'll probably go with armor that allows be to move quickly around the opponent, and swords of some kind. I was never fond of shields, so I'd probably dual wield or use a two handed blade.

42Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:45 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
New Podcast courtesy of the ES site.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-official-uk-xbox-360-magazine/id356150877

The podcast is the fourth one.

43Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
New Skyrim in-game shots!
Skyrim - Page 2 DraugrHero_wLegal

http://cms.elderscrolls.com/sites/default/files/tes/screenshots/Cave01_wLegal.jpg

http://cms.elderscrolls.com/sites/default/files/tes/screenshots/LakeMountains_wLegal.jpg

http://cms.elderscrolls.com/sites/default/files/tes/screenshots/StealthKill_wLegal.jpg

http://cms.elderscrolls.com/sites/default/files/tes/screenshots/WolvesHealMace_wLegal.jpg

http://cms.elderscrolls.com/sites/default/files/tes/screenshots/IceWraiths_wLegal.jpg

44Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:28 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/elderscrollsvskyrim/news.html?sid=6308882&mode=previews

New screenshots and info on Skyrim

45Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:49 am

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Pardon the necroing, but with less than a month till Skyrim comes out, I decided to compile all of the new info for easy reference. Enjoy!

-Skyrim is comprised of nine holds. Unlike in Oblivion, where you commit a crime in one town and all the guards in the game magically know you stole a spoon. This time, if you commit a crime in one of the holds, it would only apply to that specific hold.

-Vampireism is confirmed. Vampires work a lot like the ones from Oblivion, as in there are different stages of vampireism you go through whether or not you drink peoples blood or not. I'm not certain whether or not it works exactly the same as Oblivion, its possible you become weaker this time if you don't drink blood, where as your stronger when you feed. Lycanthropy is still up in the air though. Todd has yet to confirm or deny any proof that they are in. Hers to hoping theres something else to hunt.

-Some dungeons and caves have puzzles inside of them that need to be solved. While it probably isn't anything of the LoZ sort, its a improvement to Oblivions simple designs. It should also be noted that the team working on dungeons is much larger than the lone person that did them in Oblivion.

-Leveling system has indeed been revamped. Instead of basic skills (which were uninteresting or otherwise or hardly used) you learn when you become a novice, apprentice, ect. of a skill, you can take perks in each specific skill set. While I thought this was similar to Fallout, it is much more engaging than "increase damage with knives" type of perks, but instead, ones that are more interesting. Shield bashes, spin attacks, decapitation, and other such things are indeed present, and there is a perk for each and every skill set. Considering how you can only choose one perk per leveling up, and the number of perks boarder lines somewhere around 200+. This makes for a very diverse character options, forcing you to think carefully about perks you take depending on your playing style. (Info: You level up only by using your skills. In otherwords, you do not level up by killing things, but rather practicing your skills.)

- Alchemy and smiting can only be preformed at a alchemist station and a forge. This personally is okay with me, as spamming potions in the middle of a dungeon is somewhat ridiculous. I am glad that I will have to think about what I should make before heading out.

-The civil war it is engaged in is actually the Empire vs. Skyrim rebels pushing for independence. Both factions, the Imperial legion, and the Stormcloaks, are both joinable factions.

- Marriage apparently requires wearing some sort of amulet, which apparently opens up a whole separate dialog options.

-The enemy AI has improved as far as group encounters. A hands on impression recalled the player going against a small pack of wolves, and the wolves began to flank him, forcing him to adopt a different style than the one he was used to in Oblivion. I am very pleased by this.

-Enemies now have their own set of 'finishers" they do on the player when you are killed. Think of the dragon picking up the guard with its mouth and tossing it away.

46Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:56 pm

Freekill

Freekill
Tiro
Tiro
as long as they remove vampire I am happy Razz. or at least make the quest to cure vampirism a lot less annoying Razz

47Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:02 am

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Freekill wrote:as long as they remove vampire I am happy Razz. or at least make the quest to cure vampirism a lot less annoying Razz
Than you'll just love it if they wind up adding in Lycanthropy. The cure for vampireism was a long round about quest, but to fit in the context of the story, it made sense that the cure was so difficult to attain, considering how it was neigh unheard of. The one thing I am hoping for is that Vampires aren't basically nerfed if you decide to feed. I personally feel that the act of feeding should make you stronger, rather than weaker. Only thing I can say is, once you contract the disease, try to cure it before it develops into vampireism.

48Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Freekill

Freekill
Tiro
Tiro
slept in open got vampired then nothing I could do but do quests to cure but I gave up Razz. so annoying when you have to do stuff at night :S

49Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Freekill wrote:slept in open got vampired then nothing I could do but do quests to cure but I gave up Razz. so annoying when you have to do stuff at night :S
Well, its better than what Morrowind did, with Vampires completely attacked on sight on the only faction you could than join was the vampires. Sunlight damage is annoying (You are a vampire) but, you can decrease the amount of damage you take by feeding regularly. The less you feed the more damage you attain. I will assume it is still similar to the system in Skyrim.

50Skyrim - Page 2 Empty Re: Skyrim Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:32 pm

Dargor

Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Holy image dump batman.

Skyrim - Page 2 The-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20111014041714566

Skyrim - Page 2 The-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20111014041717572

Skyrim - Page 2 SR-Northern_Coast
This is epic.

Skyrim - Page 2 Orc2

Skyrim - Page 2 The-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20111014041710418

Last edited by Dargor on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total